The new /old place

Monday, December 31, 2007

This day ...again


It is here again..the most dreaded day of the year for me!!!! On December 31, 1993 , our little John suddenly passed away from a virus..... We will never forget him.

But here I am in 2007..almost 2008 and I am still doing ok...we all are. But how can I celebrate this day?? Well, we do celebrate it but I guess what I am trying to say is that it is always with a bittersweet feeling in our hearts.

Our usual plans have been to take the train into Chicago and spend the day shopping and Eating at Gino's East. Then come back home and watch old movies on TV....but this year we have the puppy so the day would be too long for him in his kennel plus...after buying the dog, we don't have the extra $ to spend in Chicago. So today is a regular day for me at home. I am with the kids and babysitting for Andrea's kids ( total cutie pies, I tell ya!!!) and taking the pup outside every hour it seems. Jim is working for half the day and then will be home. I am glad cuz I have had about two meltdowns already...I hate this day!!!

Andrea's boys showed up this morning with flowers and a beautiful card for us....that was sweet and truly is helping me get through the day!!!

Later this afternoon we are going to take the boys sledding Well, I am going just to take the pictures....Jim will take them sledding and then hopefully to see the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie...I love Theodore!!!! then we will spend the rest of the evening quietly at home. I may join in on the Life Preservers Scrapbook Club online crop to do a Layout or just chat with my friends!!

Have a wonderful new Years .. I pray for only good things in your life for 2008!!!!