


This past Mother's Day was different for me.....I was with only one of my kids...... Jared. And I celebrated Mothers Day by being at a soccer tournament all weekend long!!! It was Cold and Rainy and well here is the worst part....Porta Potties galore!!!! I swear I was in Porta Potty city!!! and we had to spend the most of the day outside on Saturday because 1st game was at 11am, 2nd game was at 6pm. The soccer team cooked out between games and then we got checked into the hotel but by that time it was time to head back. I sat in the car for the 2nd game...it was too wet and I was too cold!!! Been fighting something in my chest so I did not want to get more sick!
I have to admit, I had a bit of an attitude about this....I mean, who plans a soccer tournament on Mother's Day......Yah....you guessed it right...a MAN!! And I am sure he really thought that was exactly what a mom would want to spend her Mother's Day doing cuz....he would!!!! Oh...don't get me started!!!! I am leaving the negativity and going on to the positive.....
Saturday evening at the hotel, the soccer team kids swam in the pool, ran all over the hotel, played more soccer in the hallways and were just having fun being kids.We had a pizza party and there was a MOTHER"S DAY cake!!!! Of course that was brought in by one of the moms!! Ok...there was cake...and I was feeling a little better( I love cake!!)
On Sunday, before their one and only game that day, the soccer coach gave each boy a red rose to run out to his mom ...that was nice.hmmmm... I wonder if he was catching heck for this too!!! hahaha
We lost every single one of the games!!!! Here is a picture of what we played against all weekend....these kids were giants!!! Every team we played against were huge!!! Jared is the one running right up against the big Jolly 'Red" Giant.
Jillian and Justin baked me homemade brownies..the were sitting out with a glass of milk for me when I walked in the door. Yah... I raised them right....of course I was looking around the house to see what was broken.. yah know..maybe this was a peace offering.....
So, I did not get my Mother's Day picture with all of my kids so next Sunday might be Mother's Day ...again. I will post it later.
Oh... I put up a picture of prom night... Jillian is in the front row, red dress, 2nd in on the right. Most of the girls had no dates... they just went as a group....they did not need no stinkin' guy to have fun!!!! They way they looked at it...they could dance with anyone they wanted to and not feel obligated to stick with one guy all evening....smart girls!!