The new /old place

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Schools Out For Summer!!!!








On the last day of school my girlfriends and I would joyously scream the song "Schools Out For Summer" by Alice Cooper all the way home. The only words we knew to the song were..SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER. So over and over we would screech out the same words. We were just so happy !!!! I am sure people thought we were out of our minds.


My boys have no clue about this song but when I took these pictures of them as they got off the bus, this song came back to me and I started singing it again.... They just look at me like I am weird.

There is something about summer. I loved it as a kid. Sleeping in, playing with friends, running in the sprinkler, eating popsicles and drinking ice tea....

For my boys it is all of the above but throw in lots of baseball, basketball camp,and of course still some soccer. We will be going to Minnesota this summer for a week long soccer event. The USA Soccer Cup. I am hearing it is a big deal as teams from other countries will be there....This sport just NEVER ends!!

We also will be getting Jillian ready to go off to college in the fall....I don't think I ever blogged about her making the Twirling Team.


But this is still June and for right now....we are gonna enjoy the summer. It won't be long and August will be here and they will have to go back to school....but we aren't talking about that right now!!!