The new /old place

Friday, June 27, 2008

So Far So Good

The summer is going ok so far. We are keeping very busy with baseball. Both the boys teams made it into the final tournament. We have a week off and then the tournament begins.

Jared continues to practice soccer. He made the traveling soccer team again this year and will be headed off to the USA Soccer Cup for competition in July.

Jillian will compete at Baton Nationals again this July and then we have to get her ready to go off to college.. It cannot even be possible!! She has a job this summer....an ice cream technician.......basically, she scoops ice cream into cones! It is a fun job for her down by the lake....she makes fantastic money in wages and tips... so who can complain?? And she just found out that she is related to her boss!!! (I am not..he is on Jim's side of the family) Small world! Her boss has not gotten over the shock of it yet!!! She is the one who told him and after talking over all the details, I think he has finally realized that he is indeed related to "Miss Jillian"(as he calls her). Right now she is having the time of her life!!

Life has been very full. James moved back home about a month or so ago. Along with him came his dog, Copper. I love Copper. She is certainly my best friend these days. But my Chaos is a bit jealous....he cries. So I have to be sure to pay attention to him too. Having two big dogs is certainly a ton of work and add the kids being home..let's just say that I sleep well at night!

The weather finally has turned hot. I was NOT going to put the air conditioning on until July...so I was a week early on that one. I do not handle the heat well and cannot afford to get myself sick just to make good on my word. Remember... "If mama ain't happy...ain't nobody happy!!" It is sooo true!!! I am all about being happy these days!!

Hope anyone who takes the time to read this is having a good start to their summer....go turn your air conditioning on so I don't feel so bad!!! hahaha