The new /old place

Monday, September 15, 2008

Well...change is coming!!

I got a job! I start tomorrow and I am happy and nervous at the same time.

Anytime there is extra money involved that is a good thing but it will be full time and I have to admit I am worried about how I will handle the home life. But...I guess I will handle it like all the other moms out there do.


I will be returning back to the place I worked last year. Funny how things come about. I have not been able to get that place out of my heart since I left it. And while I never thought I would be going back...here I am doing just that!! It will be a different job than I had before but I will be able to use what I learned before to help me do this job.

I have really come to the realization that sure....it is great to be home all summer with the kids. But once they go back to school, it can get pretty boring. I mean how much dusting, laundry and washing floors can one person take?? I was taking care of a little girl three times a week too but I just needed more to do. I am amazed at how my outlook has just changed! When my kids were small I was fine with being home and caring for other kids but now I just feel like if my kids are not here, then why should I do it?? This should be a time for me finally get out of the house and to explore and grow as I challenge myself to do something different with my life.

But I do love being in my home too. It is my comfort zone to a certain extent. So, part of me is also scared.

So my biggest challenge is going to be when the boys are off of school. But I will have to figure all of that out and I do have family and some friends that will help me out when needed. Jared is old enough to take care of his brother....I just have never made him do it before.

I will have to allow myself time to adjust and go easy on myself as far the house keeping. This will be my 2nd challenge!!

My third challenge is going to be to have the confidence in myself that I really can do this!! I can juggle work and home life and be happy doing so. I just want to be happy!

I will blog when I can and try to keep you updated on how it is going for me. I am sure after some adjustment I will be fine.

Wish me luck!!...and pray for me!!!