The new /old place

Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have a word!!!



I have picked out a word that I am going to focus on all of 2010. It is the word CHERISH.

It seems the older I am getting, I feel like my whole life is in fast motion. One day goes to the next and then the next and sometimes I cannot even remember what happened on which day. Recently, I have had a harsh awakening to some things that I really do not like about my life and the way I spend(or should I say, waste) my time,money and energy. So much waste on things that are of little value.

I am finding out that I need to invest more in my family, You know even if it is just sitting with them in the living room in the evenings and being with them instead of always going to my scrap room or crawling into my bed early with my laptop to explore all of my favorite sites....yah....they are watching sports and I don't care for sports...but I can be there just the same, even if I have my laptop or a magazine in my hand. I can multitask...watch some sports, surf the net and socialize at the same time lol!! The fact that I am there will mean something.

I am also beginning to understand that it is just fine when others don't put me on their OMG!!!....she just Rocks list. I have good friends and between them and my family....I have everything I need to be perfectly happy.

I am backing off from some places in my life that seem so artificial and unnecessary to me. I am going to focus more on the real and important things in my life. The friendships that will last, the ones who will be there when I am at my highest and my lowest points of life.

I want to spend more time getting to know my heavenly Father....the older I get, the closer I am to being with him. I don't want to waste anymore of my time not spending more time in His word and in prayer. I want to get ready to meet HIM!!

I am 47..(oops! I broke the rules and told ya my age..lol)....and something is happening to me. I am changing. I have heard this is normal. I want the nonsense out of my life and only the good, and the fun, and the real, and the important there instead. I am still a goofball, and I still want to have fun but there needs to be some balance.I guess I am just sorting thru stuff...kwim?

So...my word CHERISH kind of sums up what I am wanting to do. I want to CHERISH the things/people that matter to me. No doubt, if you have read my blog then YOU are one of the people that I CHERISH. YOU are on my OMG!!....You just Rock List!!

I did a LO of my word. Near the end of 2010, I will do another LO to go with it. It may have a picture on it or it may just have journaling about what this word has meant to me this year.

God bless all of my friends and family in 2010!!!