The new /old place

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter 2008




Well, we were trying to get our act together for Easter this year. Normally we go out for a Brunch after Church but we kept going back and forth about it this year. We wanted to pull back a little and try not to spend so much money, so we decided no baskets for the older kids anymore and should we go out or should we 'not spend' and make a meal at home......hmmmmm.... Well, finally we decided we would still go out, made reservations, called back to make sure the reservations were still good and they never put us down!!!!! So.... last minute I was out grocery shopping and managed to put on a nice meal. I had some help from others who were there so it really was not that hard... just with going to church and having to come home and get it all together was a challenge. Whew!!

The little ones had so much fun dying the eggs this year....they kept writing "mean" things about each other on their eggs and then laughing about it!! It was pretty funny!!! Things like "Jared Lays eggs".....I am so glad they took it for fun and fists did not go flying!!! ha!! Yes, we ARE a normal family!!!

Jared and Jacob loved their baskets...not so much candy as I have been to the dentist more than I want to think about with them this year!!! So Jared got a big basket ball and Jacob got a soft stuffed dog that looked a little like Chaos...he loves stuffed animals. He named it Chaos "Spike" Bruno!!! I love how he names all his stuffed toys!

Easter service at church was fantastic. It was so crowded but then it always is at Easter!! I kept thinking.."Why don't they come every week???" Why do people seem to attend church only on Easter Sunday??? But I am so glad they were there!! It's just that I cannot imagine going once a year. I love going to church. And not that I go EVERY single Sunday but it is such a huge part of my life! Well, I am happy....as usual they sang my most favorite song 'In Christ
Alone'.....Can I just say that I never get through that song without crying!!! We sing it often at church but it seems it is one of the regular ones for Easter too!!! I always love the approach our pastor takes on Easter Sermons. You leave really thinking about Why on Earth would Jesus come and die for ME??? WOW!!! I can barely take that in.

TOMORROW would have been Johns 16th birthday!!! I cannot even believe that he would be driving this year....I thank God every day that He has my John...caring for him.Of course I would rather have him here with me but I take comfort knowing where he is.

I hope every one had a blessed Easter .... Your plans may have included fun times with the kids with Easter egg dying, Easter baskets, and Easter egg hunts, and good times with your family around a meal table....but more importantly, I hope you all had a time to reflect on what Jesus did for YOU!!!!! Think about it...try to take it in...I can't..it blows my mind!!!

IN CHRIST ALONE

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
'Till on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost it's grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Brought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand