We took Jillian to college 4 days ago. And Let me tell ya...that was a very hard thing to do!! I held it together pretty good but then lost it midway through the day, and of course cried off and on all the way home and bawled again when I walked in the door and there were all the other kids shoes by the door ...all but hers....Lost it again!!!
But I have to say that I have done well...no break downs since then until tonight when I was eating a salad. Jillian loves salad and so of course when I sat down to eat mine...the tears started flowing ....again. I miss her so much!! OMGosh!!!! Will I ever eat salad or Subway without bawling ever again???
Good thing we have cell phones, can text and have email. We are communicating with her a lot. Of course she is really busy right now because of band camp. She and another gal are working hard on their baton routines to be performed with the Marching Band at all the home football games. From what I understand from her, People are pretty impressed with what these two girls can do with a baton. I am so happy for her! She just sounds happy right now! And what more can I ask for?? AND.....she really likes her room mate!!! That was worrying her some.
So yah.....I really don't think she is missing me at all. She has always wanted to go away to college and even though it is not that far from home it is still away and she is on her own. She told us the other night her Laptop would not work....I was like Oh great and we are not there to help. I was almost thinking...'see she can't do this..she will have to come home and go to the local college!!' And do you know that girl figured it out all on her own?? She fixed it. SO.... SEE..... like I said in my last posting...SHE NEVER NEEDS US/ME!!!!
We will see her more than some parents get to see their kids that leave... so not so bad , I guess. We plan to attend some of the football games. But she told us not to come to ALL of them!! What the heck!!???
I am gonna post a picture of her in her costume as soon as I get a picture of her....the costume is sooooo beautiful!! Red.....she is gorgeous in red!!
*************************************************************************************
It is good to know that some things NEVER change though.....JILLIAN!!!!!......YOU LEFT YOUR BEDROOM A TOTAL MESS!!!! ( She is in soooooo much trouble when she comes home for a break!!!!)
*************************************************************************************